Web design and SEO go hand in hand. If you’re not optimizing your website with SEO in mind, you’re missing out on attracting more visitors to your site, which means you’re missing out on potential customers, clients and sales. On the other hand, if you create a website that doesn’t make sense to web crawlers, you won’t make it into search results at all, which means no one will be able to find your site through Google or Bing searches, so they won’t visit and won’t convert into customers either. Here are few pointers that should be considered-
- Not Knowing How Search Engines See Your Website:- When you’re designing your website, it’s important to think about how search engines will see and interpret your site. If you make certain common mistakes, it can hurt your ranking in search results and make it harder for people to find you.
- Being Sneaky With Keywords:- Using too many keywords, or keywords that are irrelevant to your content, can result in keyword stuffing, which is a major red flag for Google. Not only will this get you penalized, but it will also make your content difficult to read and offer little value to your readers. Hiding keywords by making them the same color as the background or using extremely small font sizes is another form of keyword stuffing that will get you penalized.
- Not Caring About Mobile Sites:-With over 60% of web traffic coming from mobile devices, it’s more important than ever to make sure your site is optimized for mobile. Yet, many businesses still don’t have mobile-friendly sites. This is a huge mistake that can seriously hurt your SEO.
- Bad URL’s:- If your website’s URLs are messy and confusing, it will be difficult for both users and search engines to navigate your site. This can lead to a decrease in traffic and engagement, as well as decreased rankings in search engine results pages. To avoid this, make sure your URLs are short, relevant, and easy to understand.
- Not being consistent in your use of keywords:- When it comes to ranking in search engines, keywords are important. So important, in fact, that using them inconsistently can actually hurt your chances of ranking well. This is because search engines use keywords to understand what your website is about and match it with relevant searches. If you use different keywords on different pages (or even just use them differently), search engines won’t be able to tell what your website is really about, and you could miss out on valuable traffic.
Nowadays, no matter what business you’re in, having an active Internet presence is crucial. If your website isn’t visible through search engines like Google and Bing, you’re not going to get the clients you need to succeed. That’s why it’s so important to avoid certain mistakes when designing your site that can seriously mess up your SEO. So make sure to hire professional’s to take care of your website and make it of good use.
Add a Comment